Subject Re: GDS Exception. 335544721. Unable to complete network request to host
Author hugo.larson
--- In Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com, Mark Rotteveel <mark@...> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 May 2013 07:47:24 -0000, "hugo.larson" <hugo.larson@...>
> wrote:
> > --- In Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com, Mark Rotteveel <mark@> wrote:

> the

> Source)
> >>
> >> I will check for socket closes in the code, but nothing jumps out right
>
> >> now and the areas where sockets are closed are really limited.
> >>
> >> Maybe the socket is already closed earlier because of a different
> error.
> >> If possible, could try and collect more of these errors and see if you
> >> also get other IOExceptions than this one?
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > So far the only Exception is Socket Closed. Will continue monitoring.
> >
> > Could be something in the DB engine that closes the socket?
>
> I am not sure. In those cases I would actually expect a real error
> returned from Firebird instead of just closing the connection. It could
> happen if you use an UDF that crashes the server (this would be less
> noticable for Classic Server than for SuperServer, as with classic it would
> only affect a single connection).
>
> Given the number of 10054 (connection reset by peer) errors you mentioned
> in your other mail, it could also mean that something else
> (virusscanner/firewall/proxy) is forcefully closing connections.
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,

Here is another exception:

See com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException error code: BASE+66
com.borland.dx.dataset.DataSetException: GDS Exception. 335544726. Error reading data from the connection.
null
at com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.Database.<unknown>(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.o.a(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.o.d(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.o.f(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.QueryProvider.e(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.JdbcProvider.provideData(Unknown Source)
at com.borland.dx.dataset.StorageDataSet.refresh(StorageDataSet.class:0)
at com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.QueryDataSet.refresh(QueryDataSet.class:0)
at web.dxweb.MyQueryDataSet.refresh(MyQueryDataSet.java:79)
at videoport.DialogDayReport._$36015(DialogDayReport.java:415)
at videoport.DialogDayReport._$36026(DialogDayReport.java:583)
at videoport.DialogDayReport.makeDay(DialogDayReport.java:549)
at videoport.DialogDayReport.jButtonDate_actionPerformed(DialogDayReport.java:825)
at videoport.DialogDayReport$1.actionPerformed(DialogDayReport.java:130)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at videoport.DialogDayReport.<init>(DialogDayReport.java:118)
at foodport.Main.jMenuItemDayReport_actionPerformed(Main.java:1712)
at foodport.Main_jMenuItemDayReport_actionAdapter.actionPerformed(Main.java:2487)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.<unknown>(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.<unknown>(Unknown Source)
at videoport.MainPort$EventQueueProxy.dispatchEvent(MainPort.java:614)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
Chained exception:
org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: GDS Exception. 335544726. Error reading data from the connection.
null
at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.InternalTransactionCoordinator$AutoCommitCoordinator.ensureTransaction(Unknown Source)
at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.InternalTransactionCoordinator$AutoCommitCoordinator.executionStarted(Unknown Source)
at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.InternalTransactionCoordinator.executionStarted(Unknown Source)
at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.AbstractStatement.notifyStatementStarted(Unknown Source)
at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.AbstractStatement.notifyStatementStarted(Unknown Source)
at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.AbstractPreparedStatement.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBPreparedStatement.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.<unknown>(Unknown Source)
at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBStatementFactory.createPreparedStatement(Unknown Source)
at org.firebirdsql.jdbc.AbstractConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)
[...]
Caused by: org.firebirdsql.gds.GDSException: Error reading data from the connection.
null
at org.firebirdsql.gds.impl.wire.AbstractJavaGDSImpl.receiveResponse(Unknown Source)
at org.firebirdsql.gds.impl.wire.AbstractJavaGDSImpl.iscStartTransaction(Unknown Source)
at org.firebirdsql.gds.impl.GDSHelper.startTransaction(Unknown Source)
at org.firebirdsql.jca.FBManagedConnection.findIscTrHandle(Unknown Source)
at org.firebirdsql.jca.FBManagedConnection.internalStart(Unknown Source)
at org.firebirdsql.jca.FBLocalTransaction.internalBegin(Unknown Source)
at org.firebirdsql.jca.FBLocalTransaction.begin(Unknown Source)
... 66 more