Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Re: GDS Exception. 335544721. Unable to complete network request to host
Author Mark Rotteveel
On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 11:13:54 -0000, "hugo.larson" <hugo.larson@...>
wrote:
> --- In Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com, Mark Rotteveel <mark@...> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 10:03:38 -0000, "hugo.larson" <hugo.larson@...>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello Mark,
>> >
>> > I got the java 5 Jaybird jar from sourceforge.
>> > But I have compiled all my project with Excelsior Jet, thats probably
>> why
>> > the line numbers are not there.
>>
>> Could be, I will double check anyway. Out of curiosity: can you
reproduce
>> this problem (or does it occur unpredictably), and if so can you
>> reproduce
>> it when using the 'normal' Oracle JVM instead of using Excelsior Jet?
>>
>> Mark
>>

> I cannot reproduce the problem.
> We have over 200 installations and it happen sporadically. Sometimes
> several times a day at each site.
> The 'normal' JVM test is impossible.

That is unfortunate, because it will make it harder to track down the
cause. Does it always have the same stacktrace (as in your previous mail),
or does it vary?

> I too sometimes want to blame Excelsior JET JVM when strange things
happen
> but 6 years experience with JET have showed me that it's actually 100%
> compatible with sun JVM.

If it isn't easily reproducible my question is academic, but I have
learned to never discount differences in environments, no matter how small.
They could point to a cause.

Anyway, I will go over the code mentioned in the stacktrace to see if it
does anything obviously wrong, and I will try to add any exception causes
to the GDSException in that area.

Mark