Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Using Firebird on Eclipse Ganymede Datatools
Author Michael Ludwig
Mark Rotteveel schrieb am 19.07.2009 um 12:46:59 (+0200):
> There is no real installation of the plugin at this moment.
>
> To 'install' the plugin, you need to copy the plugin folder (with
> *.jar files) contained in the zip into the root Eclipse folder (so the
> contents is merged with the existing plugin folder). Then restart
> Eclipse, and the plugin is available.

Thanks, Mark - that clarifies things. It should probably have occurred
to me that it was so easy.

So "Test Connection" to a Firebird 1.5 via TCP/IP works fine.

jdbc:firebirdsql:localhost/3050:test ("test" is an alias to a path)

However, when trying to expand any of the nodes below Schemas/SYSTEM or
Schemas/USER, I'm seeing:

org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: GDS Exception. 335544721. Unable
to complete network request to host "". Reason: Unable to complete
network request to host "".

After reading about JDBC-98 [1], I tried another connection string and
could expand all the nodes and get all the info about tables and other
objects.

jdbc:firebirdsql:127.0.0.1/3050:test (this works!)

Now I find that the localhost connection string also works. Don't know
why I got the exception in the first place.

Michael Ludwig

[1] http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/JDBC-98