Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Hibernate and database constraints
Author Andrew Goedhart
Has all this been committed to head ??
Would be very willing to try out the new XA code and do some testing.
The current code does some very strange things across our cluster at times.

After our last discussions about the XA code and not to use head, I thought I would
wait a bit until the code stabilised a bit.

By the way is in the old code is access to the tables holding
The XA transaction data in some way serialised ? When we get a failure with
timeouts in the XA transactions it seems to affect the whole cluster simultaneously
rather then just one machine and the machines are not sharing the smae transaction.
Database load at this point is under 15%.

Andrew

----- Original Message -----
From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@...>
To: Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 10:33:41 PM (GMT+0200) Africa/Harare
Subject: Re: [Firebird-Java] Hibernate and database constraints

Roman,

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 20:32 +0200, Roman Rokytskyy wrote:
> > thanks a lot for the quick answer :) Can you already estimate the
> > timeframe for this release?
>
> Estimate - yes. I would be surprised if it happens this year. The
> problem is that I am currently busy with many different topics in
> addition to my daytime job and simply have no time for testing.
>
> There are few things that must come into the release:
>
> - new XA functionality (done, requires testing);
> - Java 6.0 support (I have the code already, will commit it soon,
> testing needed);
> - improved Hibernate support (nothing's there);
> - two small fixes that were contributed by Evgeny Putilin privately;
>
> So, if anybody could help, that would be great!

If you can provide source snapshots, I will be happy to package on
Gentoo. In ~arch/unstable specifically for people to test and etc.

Can't say their is a big user base of Firebird/Jaybird on Gentoo. But I
would like to think some other than myself use it :)

I would be happy to test myself but don't use to many advance features.
Just habits from using it for a long time in the manors I need to I
guess :) Still want to make some apps using the services api and etc ;)

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo/Java