Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Hibernate and database constraints
Author William L. Thomson Jr.
Roman,

On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 20:32 +0200, Roman Rokytskyy wrote:
> > thanks a lot for the quick answer :) Can you already estimate the
> > timeframe for this release?
>
> Estimate - yes. I would be surprised if it happens this year. The
> problem is that I am currently busy with many different topics in
> addition to my daytime job and simply have no time for testing.
>
> There are few things that must come into the release:
>
> - new XA functionality (done, requires testing);
> - Java 6.0 support (I have the code already, will commit it soon,
> testing needed);
> - improved Hibernate support (nothing's there);
> - two small fixes that were contributed by Evgeny Putilin privately;
>
> So, if anybody could help, that would be great!

If you can provide source snapshots, I will be happy to package on
Gentoo. In ~arch/unstable specifically for people to test and etc.

Can't say their is a big user base of Firebird/Jaybird on Gentoo. But I
would like to think some other than myself use it :)

I would be happy to test myself but don't use to many advance features.
Just habits from using it for a long time in the manors I need to I
guess :) Still want to make some apps using the services api and etc ;)

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo/Java