Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Firebird as backing store for queue (was: Possible bug in ...)
Author David Johnson
On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 22:46 +0200, Roman Rokytskyy wrote:
> Try JayBird with embedded engine - you will know more or less the raw
> performance you can get. Usually it is twice as fast as accessing
> database
> over the wire.

Throughput with embedded engine under Jaybird: 1,000,000 messages in 960
seconds. CPU was steady at 92% for the duration of the test.

Improvement was 148 seconds, or 13%.

I'll have to try with FB2 and Vulcan next, but that's a heavier duty set
of system changes. I think I'll get the wire protocol sorted out first.