Subject RE: [Firebird-Java] FBSQLException: resultSet is closed with Jaybird 2.0
Author Rick Debay
I don't see where he executes another statement. He's just looping
through the result set.

-----Original Message-----
From: Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Roman Rokytskyy
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 10:07 AM
To: Firebird-Java@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Firebird-Java] FBSQLException: resultSet is closed with
Jaybird 2.0

> i got the following exception with one of my databases:
> org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBSQLException: The resultSet is closed
>
> This only happens with Jaybird 2.0 (every time). If i replace the jar
> with Jaybird 1.5.5 everything works fine.
> For my configuration see my last messages.
> I think it's a bug with the StatementPooling.

No, if you run in the auto-commit mode - JDBC specification requires us
to close all open result sets before executing the next statement. This
was changed in JB 2.0 together with dropping the result set caching in
auto-commit mode.

You have to switch the auto-commit mode off to get your previous
behavior back. Alternatively we can think about the compatibility mode
that would use result set caching in auto-commit mode and ignore the
JDBC specification if more people have problems with this behavior.

Roman

Yahoo! Groups Links