Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Re: Jaybird and API calls
Author Phil Shrimpton
On Saturday 15 February 2003 23:00, you wrote:

Hi,

> > So basically any API call that is available in the client library
> > (e.g. gds32.dll) could be exposed nativly in Java.
>
> No. I was thinking only about implementing the wire protocol.

That's what I meant, as every API in the client library 'communicates' over
the network, they all should be possible?

> If
> ServicesAPI is not available (CS case), then it will be not supported
> by type 4 JDBC driver.

I belive somebody is implementing the Services API in classic, but I could be
wrong.

> But there are some ideas of implementing type 2 JDBC driver, so there
> ServicesAPI will be available. It seems that finally we will have two
> drivers: type 2 and type 4.

I would be good if both of them have the same 'external' interfaces.

Phil

--
Linux 2.4.4-4GB
5:23pm up 34 days, 23:12, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.02, 0.01