Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Re: Jaybird and API calls
Author Phil Shrimpton
On Friday 14 February 2003 09:03, you wrote:

Hi,

> > Remember that regardless of what Java method you use, if you want
> > to call 'native' API's, the there is going to have to be
> > some 'native' executables in the mix some where that are accessed
> > via JINI
>
> Missing API call will be implemented in the GDS_Impl.java (wire
> protocol implementation).

Your are, of course, correct. I was thinking about the ServicesAPI, and as I
have only used Classic FB for the last few years, I forgot it was available
in the client library.

So basically any API call that is available in the client library (e.g.
gds32.dll) could be exposed nativly in Java.

Phil
--
Linux 2.4.4-4GB
5:27pm up 32 days, 23:16, 1 user, load average: 0.41, 0.23, 0.11