Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Re: table lock
Author Agustin Gonzalez
Look into the SELECT...FOR UPDATE... clause to read your records. The FOR
UPDATE will lock them for you....
Be carefule using this, since if too many records are locked, your RDBMS
may escalate the record locks to table lock
(you may not need a table lock if the records are not that many....).

Agustin