Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Re: table lock
Author Marco Parmeggiani
On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 13:13:06 -0000, you wrote:

>> What is the right way to acquire a table lock using jbird?
>
>Why do you need this thing? Is there any reason to do this explicitly
>and not letting Firebird manage conflicts itself?

[sorry if this is a double post but seems that yahoogroups does not like
very much my (hardly configured through the "password driven" procedure
of yahoogroups) secondary mail address and silently refuses it]

I need to update a group of records and while i do that no one should
read or update that group of record. The granularity of the operation
should not be at record level but at group of records level. So i'm
trying to acquire a table lock.

ciao
--
Seti@Home Java Applets