Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] Jaybird port to J2ME?
Author William L. Thomson Jr.
David,

On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 20:52, David Jencks wrote:
> How many classes that we use are missing from the j2me implementation?
> Can you just supply them and run Jaybird as is?

Possibly, but keep in mind on devices where system resources are limited
like disk space and ram, the less the better.

If you have to add a bunch of classes that most of which will not be
used then you are simply wasting more space and resources.

So if possible the idea would be to trim down the driver or make a small
one. Rather than the latter of adding what's missing.

It's possible less work as well. Finding and adding all those classes
could be a pain. Not to mention if trimmed down versions are already in
place, then you may have conflicts.

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.