Subject Re: [Firebird-Java] JCA Question
Author David Jencks
Each instance of a ManagedConnectionFactory should connect to one instance
of the EIS. The instance of the EIS should be specified somehow in the
ManagedConnectionFactory configuration properties: the spec suggests some
properties such as server, and url as I recall. I interpreted "instance of
EIS" to mean firebird database, as this seems to me to be what is implied
by several passages in the spec. If we changed to mean "firebird server"
or "firebird server accessible through any chain of firebird servers from
an original server" we would be relying on firebird internal 2pc
capabilities and internal transaction manager as well as an external jta
transaction manager. I don't see any reason to try to do this, even if it
is possible.

david jencks