Subject Re: AIX 4.3.3 Interclient Build Problem---help!!!!
Author petero1k
I meant I had successfully obtained "java-client" and installed all
the libraries you spoke of into the Classpath.

The classes I've written to execute the queries I require work fine
and have been tested on Solaris as well as WinNT. Im
getting "Execution of Query Failed"

--- In IB-Java@y..., David Jencks <davidjencks@d...> wrote:
> On 2002.01.12 01:38:59 -0500 petero1k wrote:
> > ok. I have everything working now along those lines.
>
> Everything??? Which lines? There are at least 3.
> >
> > It recognizes the URL now, it connects to the database, but for
every
> > query I'm getting a "Query Failed" exception. Not sure why. Im
not
> > sure I'm going to waist more time with it.
>
> You are welcome to all the frustration you want, but if you want
assistance
> please indicate what problems you are having in enough detail so the
> circumstances can be determined by others without psychic abilities.
> >
> > At this point I'm quite fustrated and gently amused. Im asking
> > myself the question: Why do I bother trying to run the patchwork
> > results of small open source projects on anything but the
outdated
> > architecture of an X86 PC with the flower-power OS known as
Linux?

> Since you have better hardware/os available than some of the rest
of us,
> you are in an ideal position to contribute to making these open-
source
> projects run on such sytems.
>
> David Jencks
> >
> > Please shoot me, or at least freeze me until quality software and
> > hardware are affordable and practical. If it were a perfect
world
> > I'd be running Oracle on a SunFire. But then, I'd also be
driving a
> > McLaren with a built in tall-blonde.

connector.jar.

> > david jencks
> >
> > On 2002.01.11 20:05:01 -0500 petero1k wrote:
> >

> > --- In IB-Java@y..., David Jencks <davidjencks@d...> wrote:

> > but
> > think it
> > > >
> > > What machine is running firebird?
> > >
> > > If you want to use interclient/interserver, interserver can be
> > running on
> > > any machine, not necessarily the same as the db or the client.
> > >
> > > I'll repeat, compiling interserver should not involve any jrd
files.

> > > I'm not sure what you mean by "the Java driver".
> > Interclient/interserver
> > > does require interserver. The client-java driver, which has
nothing
> > > whatsoever to do with interclient/interserver, only requires
> > firebird to be
> > > running somewhere accessible. The client-java driver is 100%
java
> > and
> > > should run on any platform with a jdk 1.3.
> > >
> > > david jencks

> > firebird

Although
> > it is