Subject Re: [IB-Java] Time for an alpha for the all java jca-jdbc driver?
Author David Jencks
On 2002.01.03 16:59:47 -0500 William Surowiec wrote:
> David
>
> A follow-up on my last msg.
>
> I receive "sqldata null in writeSQLDatum" msg when one of the prepared
> parameters does not receive a value (my intent is to force the
> corresponding field in the database to null).

Do you have a stack trace/line # where the exception originate? Setting
parameters to null should work.

> Two more observations (not suggesting something is wrong, nor requesting
> a change in behavior):
>
> 1) I was setting one parameter within my prepared statements to s sqlInt
> when in fact the column was a double. I received a sql error message
> during execution. This used to pass through the InterClient driver
> without any error msg (value automatically converted to a double)

I think type conversions are not yet complete.

> 2) In rebuilding the database I took a different path. Don't know if
> this message is unique to this driver: I started a transaction, tried to
> do something, could not, tried to exit the program - I could not end it
> because the driver held an open transaction. I had to stop the db engine
> to reset stuff. A good reminder to check transaction state before
> exiting the app.

What stopped you from stopping your program??? What messages did you get?

I'd recommend using try blocks to make sure all your transactions complete,
but the result of not doing so shouldn't disable the database. Can you
provide a little test code?

Thanks
david jencks