Subject RE: [IB-Java] InterClient JDBC
Author Tony
RE: [IB-Java] InterClient JDBC

Thank you very much David for your help.

I am using JDK1.3.0-C on WinNT4.0 (sp6).
I downloaded Interbase/Interclient several days ago from this url:
http://www.ibphoenix.com/ibp_interbase_download.html

I recompiled all the classes and so far it works fine... :D

Thanks again,
Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: David Jencks [mailto:davidjencks@...]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 7:28 PM
To: IB-Java@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IB-Java] InterClient JDBC

Hi,
It's been a long time since I got this error, but I think it might be a
symptom of using a java 1.2 compiled interclient with jdk 1.3.
So:

which jdk
which os
where did you get interbase and interclient and when

I think you can recompile just interclient ( the java portion) in jdk 1.3.

If you wish to use the firebird version of interclient
(sourceforge.net.projects.firebird) you will need to compile the c++
interserver as well; the firebird version fixes some problems with
databasemetadata.  I don't know if anyone has successfully done this on
windows: if you are interested I will be happy to work with you.

david jencks