Subject Re: [IB-Java] New JDBC Driver
Author Ola Samuelson
Hi!
I don't mind using existing libraries but I would prefer to
have a 100% java driver. I would love to have it all in a
nice java package which I could debug without hassle.
I don't care about having a thin client either. I just
want to have a driver which I can rely on and
debug at will without setting endless compiler directives
and worrying about if an error is in code(gds stuff) that I can not fix.

Jim Starkey wrote in a previous post that
he built a basically functional "native code free" jdbc driver
on a sunday afternoon. I know that he knows this stuff
very well so maybe it'll take us a whole sunday. Just kidding.....
What if someone could give us some detailed and structured 3050 protocol info?

I have browsed through the code and the stuff behind
the various api calls is not greek although a bit unclear
to a c novice like myself and especially since I don't know much
about 3050-talk.

I would like to stay away from old code, JNI,
stringhandling and stuff that goes hand in hand with porting
c to different plattforms. 100% Java code speaking 3050
would really be a step forward and avoid future problems as I see it.

But it's a lot of work for a mere mortal like myself............

How about this?
a) If we can not get more info on 3050 -> java wrapper and gds-libraries
or
b) If we can get a 3050 documentation -> pure java

//OLAS