Subject Re: [IB-Java] interbase/java on linux
Author David Jencks
Hi,
I don't have any commercial site experience.

One project you might investigate is jboss, an open source (lgpl) ejb
server/container etc. They have in-vm tomcat and jetty integration, and
several people seem to be using interbase firebird as the back end. One
cute for development trick is automatic table creation from ejb metadata.
This is not something you probably want to use for production but I
understand it can be handy in development.

Interclient in its binary form will not work with this due to problems with
database metadata calls. However checking out the latest CVS and compiling
( such as with the ant build script in firebird dir) appears to fix this
problem.

www.jboss.org

Hope this helps,
My understanding is that interbase has been commercial quality about as
long as oracle-- plus it has reasonable transaction isolation.

David Jencks