Subject RE: [IB-Java] runaway process
Author Ken Richard
I unsuccessfully tried to recreate the problem. However, I did notice that
interserver.exe seems to use a lot of memory when there are a large number
of sql statements executed on a connection.

The following code makes interserver.exe go to 31MB ram (according to win2k
task manager). The memory is released when the connection is closed and the
interserver.exe process ends.
for i = 1 to 10000 {
create statement
statement.execute sql
close statement
}

The following code keeps interserver right around 2.7MB:
create statement
for i = 1 to 10000 {
statement.execute sql
}
close statement

I was going to use interbase as the backend for a servlet web system - and
implement a simple connection pooling class. This makes it look like only
one statement should be created per connection - and the statement should be
cached in the pool with the connection. It looks like the statement memory
is never getting cleaned up in interserver.exe.