Subject RE: [IB-Java] licensing the test suite? (was Re: Interclient bugs?)
Author J.T. Wenting
that's what I read. Inprise wants the testquite licensed to companies only
(so probably at some high price) to ensure the future of companies working
to develop Interbase solutions. Someone obviously hasn't quite thought
through what this means for independent developers (let alone the Interbase
maintainers who (thanks in part to Inprise) are no longer a company).
This does mean that the Interclient developers would have to submit every
build to some company (that would of course charge for testing as they have
to get back their own investment in the testsuite) to get the build
officially sanctioned. This can easily lead to a break, with unofficial
drivers being released next to, or instead of, the official ones.

Jeroen T. Wenting
jwenting@...

Murphy was wrong, things that can't go wrong will anyway