Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Updating FB2.1.2 download
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:11 PM 12/06/2009, rogervellacott wrote:
>This known bug
>
>http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE-2291
>
>is still in the standard download of Ver 2.1.2. We have now had 4 clients coming up against this show-stopping problem. We know how to fix it - backup and restore, and copy fbserver.exe from the latest snapshot build to \Firebird\Bin - but isn't it about time the standard download file was updated from build 18118 to build 18126? It means the latest "stable build" is not stable.

That's not how it works, Roger: ever! We never just blatt out a snapshot and call it a release (or sub-release). Firebird 2.1.3 has been tagged and additional bug-fixes for Firebird 2.1.3 are being polished at the moment. Release notes have to be updated and checked, etc. Then, it goes to QA; if it gets through there, it goes into pre-release for 2-3 weeks' field-testing as a release candidate. It will be a build higher than that of the latest snapshot. If the field-testing doesn't throw up any more nasties, that build will become the v.2.1.3 subrelease.

Helen