Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Linux distro news
Author marius adrian popa
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 9:39 PM, marius adrian popa <mapopa@...> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM, Philippe Makowski
> <makowski@...> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Finaly OpenSuse 11.2 is out
>> it is the first time that Firebird is in official OpenSuse repositories
>>
>> After Mandriva (2010.0 is very nice), Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora (and RHEL/Centos Fedora
>> project repositories) : OpenSuse
>> All major free distro have now latest Firebird stable version (2.1.3) available in their
>> official repositories.
> Thank you for all the work , and i still enjoy it when i find
> flamerobin icon in the add/remove application area
> and firebird in the main repository
>
> it's a hard work but in the end it will pay off
> people will just click and install
>
> what is next ? maybe android , n900 , iphone

I have made a small list with major distros and package related links

http://mapopa.blogspot.com/2009/11/firebird-available-in-major-linux.html

and if we compare with last year i think we are in good shape

http://www.firebirdnews.org/?p=1726#comments

and if you count the popular distros on distrowatch and wikipedia
then all looks impressive
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_distribution#Popular_distributions

ps:we still have some *bsd packages to solve