Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Re: Make a wiki and centralize all info about firebird there
Author Kjell Rilbe
woodsmailbox wrote:

> > http://wiki.firebirdsql.org/ <http://wiki.firebirdsql.org/>
>
> Anyone else want to express opinion on that? Gave mine in a previous
> post. Personally, I don't know what to do with that.
>
> Quicklist of anti-patterns:
> - "Contributors will have to register so that we can control input
> into the wiki."
> - Page security
> - Categories
> - Minor save
> - 8pt fonts
> - lack of focus, irrelevant links all over
> etc. etc.
>
> ... wikis just don't work that way... checkout c2.com for comparison.

I agree, after a quick glance. Even as a READER I don't really
understand, at a glance, how to use that docset. It seems to me like a
simple list of keywords with one or two links for deeper info than tha
impl.status table or whatever is shown at each letter of the Alphabet.
And what are the non-FB engines doing there? It's a FB docset, isn't it?
Where's the legend explaining "Res", "NRes", etc?

Kjell
--
Kjell Rilbe