Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Re: Make a wiki and centralize all info about firebird there
Author Lester Caine
Paul Vinkenoog wrote:
> Martijn Tonies wrote:
>
>> No-one who takes the lead and invests a significant amount of time =
>> no people who continue = no wiki.
>
> Lester Caine took the initiative and I guess he's invested a considerable amount of time (unless he's a positronic robot after all).

Still need some help with the time machine ....

> Thanks to Lester, we did have a working wiki and some other people contributed too. But it didn't attract a lot of steady contributors, just as the documentation subproject doesn't.

That I think is the point. I'm still running my own copy of the SQL
cross reference locally, but MY main motivation was to get a web
framework that actually runs on Firebird, rather than using alternative
databases. All my own sites run a clean integrated system - built on
Firebird, PHP and Apache, as I don't have time to manage anything else ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL