Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Re: Make a wiki and centralize all info about firebird there
Author Tom Miller
How do you purpose to coordinate the information gathering effort so
people don't waste their time putting the same white paper together 3 or
4 times by accident. Answering the same question over and over again,
etc, etc.

Wiki's are collaboration platforms that are easy to use to input data.
They happen to be easy to use to get data too, but I think you made the
point, Google does that too. The wiki is more important to the
information provider then the consumer. It allows us to build on each
other's knowledge to give a complete picture on a subject matter. From
that respect is does help the consumer of the information too as they
don't have to read 3 different articles threads, blogs, etc. to get the
complete picture.

And there is one available for free from Atlassian to go along with
Jira. That is what we use at my office. (Jira and Confluence).