Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Re: What do you think about Firebird official site?
Author John Armstrong
My opinion is that the look is fine, we have a major docs and information
hole to plug.

We need to make it easy for people to 'switch'.

For example, in the Wiki there is an entry for 'How to see how many users
are connected'. The answer is something to the effect of 'use the new system
tables in this new version' That is mostly useless for a newbie just trying
to find an answer. There should be an example of how to connect to it, the
table structure, an example query and result and what that means with some
common task samples. Think 'Wikipedia', not 'minimal effort docs'.

I think the biggest gains could be had from a group effort to bulk up and
clean out the wiki so the new users can get what they want immediately with
a particular emphasis on mysql->FireBird conversion. In fact, an entire
section on this would be extremely helpful, covering such common topics as
Generators vs Increment, limit result sets, transactions etc.

Obvious stuff but its the complaint I hear from people when I point them at
firebird "Why is FireBird broken?" (from a mysql perspective). I do not
believe it has a lot to do with the site look and feel.

John-