Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Connection through internet?
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At August 21, 2006, 12:26 PM, skander_sp wrote:

> I try to conenct to a remote server through internet (opening the 3050
> port in the router) and addressing with the internet IP.

> The connection it's ok, but the program hang then, and remote server
> do same...

> some thread or forum about internet connection and tricks?

> Waiting some light... thks.

> (Delphi + IBO components)

Do keep in mind that IBO will fetch the database's meta-data when
connecting. And, that might be the delay that you are experiencing at
connection time. With IBO, you can tell IBO to use a local schema
cache to store the metadata, so that IBO will not have to query the
server for it. Also, Firebird's wire protocol can be quite verbose,
and you are not telling us what is the internet connection speed.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail