Subject RE: [Firebird-general] Re: Connection through internet?
Author Paul Beach
> > skander_sp wrote:
> > > I try to conenct to a remote server through internet (opening the 3050
> > > port in the router) and addressing with the internet IP.
> > >
> > > The connection it's ok, but the program hang then, and remote server
> > > do same...
> >
> > Are you using Events by any chance?
>
> Sure I'm using events (I really need it)
> but for remote if necessary I can dissable it.
>
> Is THIS the problem? events?

An event is posted via a random port not 3050, unless you set the
following in the firebird.conf file. This can cause issues with
firewalls.

From the firebird.conf file

#
# The TCP Port Number to be used for server Event Notification
# messages. The value of 0 (Zero) means that the server will choose
# a port number randomly.
#
# Type: integer
#