Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Nominations
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At March 10, 2006, 4:18 AM, Lester Caine wrote:

> Claudio Valderrama C. wrote:

>> The SF page
>> https://sourceforge.net/awards/cca/
>> leads to this:
>> http://www.wilsonresearch.com/2006/ostgawards06/ostgawards2.php
>> We weren't included.

> Looking at what is missing, one wonders how "The top 14 projects" in
> each category was selected.

Apparently, they chose the top 40 most active on Feb 20, 2006 for each
category. But, I wonder how they measured it for that day. Firebird
was ranked at 49 and, as an example of one that is nominated,
InstantObject was somewhere above 700. Ideally, they should've use an
average over a period of time.

> I see a number of main line projects that sourceforge list as 'top
> projects' but which are missing, nd some of the ones listed I can see
> little activity at all.
> So SOME questions need to be asked!
> ( Since our support forums are not managed by sourceforge THAT will
> affect ratings along with other non-sf site activity )

It does affect the ratings. Also, the last file release date also
affects the rating. The rating takes into account three categories:
site traffic, development and communication. I was able to find that
info in Sourceforge's documentation.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail