Subject Re: [Firebird-general] The Firebird image
Author Miroslav Penchev
On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 05:03:33 +0200, Helen Borrie <helebor@...>
wrote:

> At 01:07 PM 1/03/2006, you wrote:
>> I agree with the people posting about lack of pr, it seems there is
>> nobody at hand who is willing and has the time and devotion to start a
>> movement in that direction.
>
> Firebird-connect!
> http://firebird.sourceforge.net/index.php?op=ffoundation&sub=connect
>
> was formed long ago to form a "point" where people willing to help
> with the PR effort could coordinate.
>
> But - like always - you get trumpet-blowers in this list (and other
> places) who declaim about what needs to be done but, when it comes to
> putting up their own hands and committing their own energy, they are
> nowhere.
>
> If you are more than just another trumpet-blower, get in touch with
> Artur Anjos and tell him what you are willing to do - then, go forth and
> do it.

Just come back from another business trip and looking over messages in
lists....
Helen, I was the idea to help on Firebird-connect! I have also a contact
with someone 9at that moment I cannot remember the person, but can search
in my email archives). My idea was to translate most of pages in
Firebird-connect! to Bulgarian language to form a localized version of
FB-connect. I know - it is not great idea or much help, but I think it can
help on FB popularity. The response (a long time ago) was (rely on my
memory): "Ok, excellent we will keep you as your Bulgarian contact". And
that was all. I know - every is busy doing something else to make money to
pay mortgage and so on.... just my opinion in that case.

Cheers,
--
Miroslav Penchev