Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Re: Who uses Firebird?
Author Lester Caine
Carlos H. Cantu wrote:

>>Your not using Firebird then :(
>
> What do you mean with this? I'm sure I'm using Firebird but, of
> course, I had to use the interbase module of PHP to do the access.
Most ISP's that still stick with PHP4 also do not support anything other
than the MySQL that comes with it :(

>>PHP5 improved driver will not be back ported to PHP4. But the main
>>problem *IS* ISP's simply can't be bothered to do the work necessary
>
> to switch, so now there are two versions of PHP which are growing
> further and further apart ;)
>
> Yes, most people are afraid of changing stuff that is currently
> working ;-)
The number of people who complain that MySQL is not included with PHP5
;) - they don't realize that have the trouble now is WHICH MySQL would
you include .... Which SHOULD give us an opening :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL