Subject RE: [Firebird-general] Who uses Firebird?
Author Steve Summers
We (DRB Systems, Inc.) sell a Point of Sale system that uses Firebird 1.5. We have over 500 sites running with Firebird, with
databases ranging from a few hundred Megabytes up to 20+ Gigabytes, and up to a dozen or so concurrent users.

-----Original Message-----
From: Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Carlos H. Cantu
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 11:13 AM
To: Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Firebird-general] Who uses Firebird?

People,

It seems that many people have problems with some customers when they sugest the use of Firebird instead of SQLServer, Oracle,
etc.

Many companies are afraid of using FB, because it is not "famous" and probably they never heard about it.

This can be easily solved creating a public list of big or famous companies who actually uses FB, so you can say: "Look this!
All those great companies uses Firebird and are happy with it".

I can compile such list, but I need the help of everyone sending me information about those companies, number of max.
connections, database size, FB server model, small description of the system(s) using FB, server OS, server hardware.

Note that I just want "big" examples, so I sugest a filter to include only companies that fits in any of the following criteria:

(DB size > 20GB) OR (Max. Connections > 100) OR (number of deployed servers > 100) OR (Company is VERY famous)

What do you think?

Carlos
www.firebirdnews.org

Community email addresses: