Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Re: MySQL to Fight Oracle With Fire(bird)?
Author The Wogster
paulruizendaal wrote:
> Please see:
> http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2006/03/01/mysql_sap_certification/
>
> MySQL is moving out of web-space and moving into transaction-space,
> which is traditionally our turf.
>
> I'm betting a bottle of my favorite champagne (Veuve Cliquot) that
> MySQL will have a transactional engine similar in design to Firebird by
> the time it goes public.

Forget MySQL.... Use the champers to celebrate something better, like FB
V2.0 release.....

Firebird, and this is a Firebird group, is best to go after marketing
it's advantages:

It runs on Windows, Linux and a bunch of Unices.
It runs well, out of the box, without a lot of configuring.
It has an excellent transactional ability.
It is highly programmable.
It has a small footprint.
etc, etc, etc, (ad nausium).

Who, wants to use Firebird, developers, because it's easy to install
Firebird with your application, without needing to worry about whether
you have purchased enough licences.

If we spend all our time worrying about the competition, we quit
spending our time, doing our own development.