Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Re: Get a copy of The firebird book for £0.99
Author Ann W. Harrison
Simon Carter wrote:

> In 35 days I will be leaving the software industry and joining Her
> Majesty's Constabulary.

OK everyone, ready - let's give him a loud chorus of Gilbert's
lyrics and Sullivan's tune:

Sergent:
When a felon's not engaged in his employment –
Police:
His employment,
Sergeant:
Or maturing his felonious little plans –
Police:
Little plans,
Sergeant:
His capacity for innocent enjoyment –
Police:
'Cent enjoyment
Sergeant:
Is just as great as any honest man's –
Police.
Honest man's.

Sergeant:
Our feelings we with difficulty smother –
Police:
'Culty smother,
Sergeant:
When constabulary duty's to be done –
Police:
To be done.
Sergeant:
Ah, take one consideration with another –
Police:
With another,
Sergeant:
A policeman's lot is not a happy one.
Police:
Ah!
Sergeant & Police:
When constabulary duty's to be done, to be done,
A policeman's lot is not a happy one, happy one.

Sergeant:
When the enterprising burglar's not a-burgling –
Police:
Not a-burgling.
Sergeant:
When the cut-throat isn't occupied in crime –
Police:
'Pied in crime,
Sergeant:
He loves to hear the little brook a-gurgling –
Police:
Brook a-gurgling,
Sergeant:
And listen to the merry village chime –
Police:
Village chime.

Sergeant:
When the coster's finished jumping on his mother –
Police:
On his mother,
Sergeant:
He loves to lie a-basking in the sun –
Police:
In the sun.
Sergeant:
Ah, take one consideration with another –
Police:
With another,
Sergeant:
A policeman's lot is not a happy one.
Police:
Ah!
Sergeant & Police:
When constabulary duty's to be done, to be done,
A policeman's lot is not a happy one, happy one.

Cheers and best wishes,

Ann