Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Helen, I'm half-way through you book...
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:40 PM 17/08/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>...and am enjoying it immensely! I'm learning things in every
>chapter, which makes the book worth every penny. GREAT JOB!!!
Hard work!
Nothing is ever perfect, though. Scattered through the book are five
"expert" topics, pertinent to the chapters that contain them, that were
accidentally
omitted from the Table of Contents.
They are:
Chapter 8, page 123:
Special Migration Topic: SQL Dialects
Chapter 18, page 326
Optimization Topic: Optimal Indexing
Important, this topic contains the detailed documentation for
using the gstat statistical utility.
Chapter 22, page 450
Optimization Topic: Query Plans and the Optimizer
Chapter 30, Page 634
Optimization Topic: Using the Internal RDB$DB_KEY
Chapter 34, Page 706
Special Topic: Customizing User Security

You can download this, as a printable file of suitable shape for trimming
and taping into your book, as TOC_Addendum.pdf from the Apress Downloads
page for the book. Find the link in the right-hand menu of the page.

cheers,
Helen