Subject Re: Postgres!
Author webreyman
I heard some of those too. Some reports say recovering from crashes is
much harder. These are older reports though. However there are some
real web sites running with Postgres quite reliably. Slashdot at least
when I last checked was using Postgres.

The reason I am being enamored by Postgres is my requirements for high
level database design (less work is better). Ability to express a
Schema with ease is more important for me (ORDMS, PL/Python) than the
actual data I have to store in it. Transactional support, reliability,
maintainability and deployment ease are not high on my list right now
(I know, wierd).

The tools support on Windows for Firebird seems superior and Delphi
support is great.

There are a few good tools for Postgres too though (EMS Postgres).

--- In Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com, "Myles Wakeham" <myles@t...>
wrote:
> That's true. I've heard some real 'disaster stories' about
PostgreSQL DBA