Subject RE: [Firebird-general] Postgres!
Author Myles Wakeham
That's true. I've heard some real 'disaster stories' about PostgreSQL DBA
Maintenance work required. Someone told me that you have to periodicially
perform a 'vacuum' on the database to clean it out due to the work that
deletions work. Also that the database actually stores its data in
thousands of files on disk, which is a nightmare to work with.

Doesn't sound to me like a database 'for the fainthearted'.

Myles

Myles Wakeham
Director of Engineering
Tech Solutions Inc.