Subject RE: [Firebird-general] Postgres!
Author Myles Wakeham
Real simple. Embedded version. PostgreSQL won't give you a platform that
you can easily deploy a single user 'trial' of your software, and give the
option to the user of a multi-user deployment. The trial would require that
you install a complete database server on the user's computer. Firebird has
an embedded version of its database that can deploy much the same was as
MSDE does on Windows. Light, simple, and non-obtrusive. PostgreSQL does
not have that.

Myles

Myles Wakeham
Director of Engineering