Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Re: Firebird download page
Author Pavel Cisar
Hi,

On 1 Apr 2004 at 10:47, Martijn Tonies wrote:

> The "problem" currently is, that we attracted a lot of newbies to Firebird.
> I guess you agree on that one. Next, they have trouble finding the download,
> heck, even I have trouble finding the 1.5 download, and trouble finding
> downloads for drivers et all. Second, they run into trouble with regard to
> any available GUI tools (yes, we've been there before, a Fb Admin is
> in the making, but not any time soon). From the Firebirdsql.org page, none
> of the above items are clear. Really, they aren't.

Yep, I agree.

> As for the "outdated" issue:
>
> What about
>
> "Downloads"
>
> - To get access to the latest betas, Release Candidates or nightly builds,
> click here (goes to Sourceforge.net area, for pro-users)
>
> - Select from the following (goes down with a #server etc):
> - Firebird Server
> - Java driver
> - .NET driver
> - ODBC driver
> - etc whatever other products we have

Only project deliverables ? How about admin and other tools ?

> Firebird Server
> Select one of the following:
>
> Windows
> - Firebird 1.5 installer / mirrors
> - Firebird 1.0.3 installer / mirrors
>
> Linux
> - Firebird 1.5 installer / mirrors
> - Firebird 1.0.3 installer / mirrors
>
> Etc...

Got the idea, and I think that we can produce something around these
lines that might work. I'll see what I can do about it, give few days as
I'm overload at the beginning of every month.

> The "mirrors" link links to the Sourceforge downloads pages with
> a large list of SF mirrors.

No, the link must *always* go to mirrors page, otherwise downloads are
not counted by SF.

Best regards
-- Pavel