Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Firebird administration GUI tool
Author Milan Babuskov
Nando Dessena wrote:
> L> Personally I'm using ibWebAdmin for remote monitoring of
> L> many sites, and it meets all the above points :) Only
> L> problem is you need Apache/PHP installed ;)
>
> Which rules it out since it doesn't meet the second point. Unless
> we're going to provide Apache bundled with Fb as Oracle does, that is.
> But you sure may know or guess what the size of an Oracle "lite" setup is.
> :-)
>
> Furthermore, I wouldn't want anything with "IB" in its name. We're
> trying to differentiate.

Just for a test, I tried to make a package of what we currently have of
fbmanager. Windows .exe + IBPP (static) + wxWindows (static), packed
with upx and then zipped is about 500kB big. I hope that fits the
"small" criteria?

Since it already has all the heavy stuff in, I don't think it's going to
increase more. Join us at fbmanager-devel@... for more
discussion. If anyone wants to help, we really need more C++ programmers
on this project. I'm just too afraid to go ahead with what I started
without anyone backing me up.

I don't know if this is going OT, so I'll stop here.

--
Milan Babuskov
http://fbexport.sourceforge.net