Subject RE: [Firebird-general] Firebird corrupts databases more often?
Author Ann W. Harrison
At 12:10 PM 1/16/2004, Leyne, Sean wrote:

>My vote: Always use Forced Writes and UPS, regardless of version!
>
>The v1.5 changes only reduced the amount of data which would be lost due
>to power loss -- it did not eliminate data loss.

Yes, that's true. But I've never seen a Linux database that had a missing
TIP, which is the hallmark of too much stuff stuck in cache. The windows
problem is really that busy pages _never_ get written out and TIPs tend to
be busy. Forcing a cache flush from time to time should greatly reduce the
damage innocents can do to themselves.

Cheers,

Ann