Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Re: So much for Mozilla dropping
Author Marius Popa Adrian
On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:51:30 +0200
Aage Johansen <aagjohan@...> wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 03:50:58 +0000 (UTC), Helen Borrie wrote:

> > Brand dilution has already occurred, even during this period of supposed
> > temporary usage as a code name. Articles have been published in the
> > online press, using Firebird as the browser name. We have received Admin
> > email "informing" us that Mozilla already has a product named Firebird.
> > You have beaten us down the hit list on Google. With hindsight, it seems
> > we have simply been too patient, waiting for Moz to fix what it broke.
>

> I've just recently read posts on the OpenOffice newsgroups where "Firebird"
> was used, and it was obvious that it was not about a database, but rather a
> browser. So, the name has been been connected to the browser with some
> 'success'.

The question is when they will change the name Mozilla Firebird -> Mozilla ?
We know they had some problems with AOL dumping them but at least they should
show us the roadmap and say :"Here is the date where Mozilla Firebird is killed" .
ps: I use mozilla firebird every day , is a great browser and i think not the name make it
important ,it could be called "Mozilla" simple and still used .
It is the Firebird name just like the AMD Hammer processor name an internal one ? My hope is that
it will be droped or else i 'll start to promote "links browser" :)