Subject Re: So much for Mozilla dropping Firebird
Author brendaneich
--- In Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...>

(http://www.mozilla.org/roadmap/branding.html).

> Brendan, four weeks have elapsed since you said this, but it is not
fixed yet.

I'm sorry for that. We've had a lot to do lately, setting up the
Mozilla Foundation, finding colocation space, moving machines, etc.
We're not done yet. The roadmap is obviously out of date along with
the branding policy.

We want to fix the branding problem soon. I'm not able to speak for
staff right now, but I hope to have something to say within a week or
so. Please bear with us.

One more thing I will ask here: please help to end the accusations of
mozilla.org acting with malice aforethought. They're untrue, and they
don't aid anyone involved in reaching a conclusion. You can charge us
with negligence, for sure. We should have consulted with the Firebird
OSS project's leaders before renaming. But we did not intend harm,
and I personally don't believe any actual harm has been done in the
marketplace.

But a lot of harm was done to people's feelings on all sides in the
initial month. Let's not go back there, once was enough.

/be