Subject AW: [Firebird-general] Re: Access to Firebird from Delphi
Author Marc Geldon
Hello Toni!

Thank you for your fast response. But how is the future? Will IBX still work together with Firebird in the future? Because the developer of IBX said, IBX will stay Interbase compatible....

Best wishes,

Marc Geldon

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: toni_martir [mailto:toni@...]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. August 2003 12:13
An: Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com
Betreff: [Firebird-general] Re: Access to Firebird from Delphi

> What do you think is the best way to access to Firebird from
>Delphi? Many developers prefer dbExpress because it is so fast

IBX is a good option because it works in Windows and Linux, there is
already a fork to support Firebird, but IBX still work well with
Firebird.

Zeos Library (http://zeoslib.sourceforge.net) is attractive: thin,
integrated, opensource and supporting a wide range of database
servers. I didn't test it in depth but I integrated it in Report
Manager (http://reportman.sourceforge.net) and seems to work well.

Community email addresses:
Post message: Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: Firebird-general-subscribe@yahoogroups.com