Subject Re: [Firebird-general] .net help please
Author Michael Rubinstein
Hi Cralos

I downloaded a file called FirebirdNetProvider-1.0-NF1.0.exe
I'm using VS 2002, I think, the exact version is 7.0.9466.  I think that's VS2002.

this is the error i get:
Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'FirebirdSql' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

upon downloading the executable I ran it, and it installed itself into C:\Program Files\FirebirdNetProvider.

From there I lifted the sample file that came with it(it simply established connection), and copied to to my root server directory.  And then, you see the error message above.  Do you know what's going on?

I highly appreciate you taking the time to talk to me. I'm a software developer in chicago.  If there's anything i can get you from here, or help you in any way, please let me know.

-Michael

Carlos Guzman Alvarez <carlosga@...> wrote:
Hello:

> Hello Carlos - thank you for your help
> I did download the provider, but my program is throwin an exception when
> I try to include that . Do you have any ideas what's going on?

Are you using VS 2002 or 2003 ?? Of Which version of the .NET Data
provider you hve downloaded ??

--
Best regards

Carlos Guzm�n �lvarez
Vigo-Spain

- Miembro del Proyecto FirebirdSQL.
- Miembro honorario de la Fundaci�n FirebirdSQL.

http://www.firebirdsql.org

Community email addresses:
Post message: Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: Firebird-general-subscribe@yahoogroups.com