Subject Re: [Firebird-general] FireBird Vs MySQL
Author Marius Popa Adrian
there is thread on devshed dot com and some answers are realy good :)

http://forums.devshed.com/t62269/s.html

ps : in my biased opinion firebird is in the same class (and above) with
mssqlserver,oracle,db2,postgress,sapdb. The engine don't have all the bells (features) and it is simple
to use/install/maintain . With it you practically don't miss the dba guru to pay it on maintaining the
1000 params like oracle has.