Subject Re: [Firebird-general] Moved from: [ib-support] Firebird and Kylix
Author Marius Popa Adrian
For the .net there is already .net provider and works on windows and linux ! (on mono) and can be used (delphi#,vs.net,csharpdevel, notepad or vi +makefile from the console)
If borland is moving to .net (delphi#, builder# ) then there will be firebird (ib) components written around the firebird .net provider i think no one will stop Jason (better ask him ;)) or others (Zeos,Mbo..etc) to write them
On linux(in fact on all unix and windows platforms) there is one more choice for the brave ones (who really want to risk) it's called
lazarus (http://lazarus.freepascal.org) there are already two !! sets of components , one can be builed with the ide and the other
set is a port of freeib components to the lazarus (i'am working on it and have some progress) , you relly have to be very good delphi programmer to go on that route but at least it have some future