Subject Re: [Firebird-general] At last - our Firebird book
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:44 AM 2/05/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I live in Panama, Rep. of Panama.
>I am making myself available if a
>"TRANSLATION TO SPANISH" is OK with your plans.
>...Let me know!

Eugenio,
Good to hear from you. At this point, the publisher isn't discussing
translations. From their point of view, for now, the main aim seems to be
to get the English book done and onto the shelves.

It's going to be a much smaller book than originally proposed. Apparently,
this isn't a good time for publishers to be taking on big tech book
projects, because of an overall drop in tech book sales of 33% since the US
economic crisis began.

It's not going to be "open document" as per the original proposal,
either. I've never found any publisher willing to buy into this concept,
even when NASDAQ was booming and "open-anything" was flavour-of-the-day.

cheers,
Helen