Subject Re: Fwd: Use of the name "Firebird"
Author brendaneich
--- In Firebird-general@yahoogroups.com, rainaple@t... wrote:
> Helen Borrie wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Helen, I'm sorry to say that, but it is now clear that
> Mozilla has *no* will to honour the pacts in regard to the
> name change.

You're wrong, we will not ship 0.8 under the old name.

If Chris Hofmann speaks using the old name, it's because he is using
the current name. He is not going to use any new name before it's
announced, and he can't very well keep saying "the browser that's only
code-named Mozilla Firebird" all the time.

The idea that this interview confuses anyone is nonsense.

Going on about how honorless and indecent "Mozilla" is, over something
as human and basic as Chris speaking informally about Mozilla Firebird
in a clearly-Mozilla context, is in my opinion "indecent". Give it a
rest. We are renaming.

/be