Subject Re: [IBDI] Free Software, not free beer
Author David K. Trudgett
On Monday 2002-04-15 at 08:21:29 +0100, lester@... wrote:

> > I put forward the thesis that ownership of software as property is
> > ultimately more harmful to society than beneficial.
>
> I'll second that. In particular the increasing use of
> patents to secure 'inovations' which are simply logical
> extensions of what we are currently doing ( BT thinks it
> own's the right to all hyperlinks for instance )

I find software patents to be particularly morally repugnant in the
vast majority of cases (my only concession is that there may be
some very rare cases where some justification may be found -- but I
have yet to have had one pointed out to me). Software patents just
shouldn't exist. Period.

David Trudgett